GUIDELINES & CHECKLIST:
- All documents should be formatted in black, 12–point font (preferably in Times New Roman or Garamond) on a letter-size page (8.5” x 11”)
- Ensure the manuscript has printer appropriate margins (a rule of thumb is 1-inch margins on all sides)
- Include a header on the manuscript that contains your name
- Ensure all pages are numbered and numbered in sequential order
- Use a page break between all chapters
- If quotations are included in your manuscript, include references or a bibliography. It is advised that you consistently use one style guide. It is the author’s responsibility to clear the use of all quotations that are under copyright. Resolute does not condone plagiarism.
- Submit a finished manuscript that is (mostly) free of grammatical and spelling errors
- Save your manuscript with these specifications: First name_Title of work
- Submissions should be created/saved with one of the following file extensions: .doc, .docx, .rtf
- Do not send a file with security restrictions that prohibit printing
- Manuscripts should be sent in one continuous file, not as separate files for each chapter or section
Please include a cover letter/message that addresses the following:
- Legal first and last name, and your pen name (if applicable)
- The title of the book, the genre of the book, and a brief description of your target audience
- A brief summary of your book (in other words, what is your book about?)
- Provide brief answers to these questions:
- Is this your first book? If not, what are your other titles and genres?
- Why did you write the book you are submitting?
- What are your writing and publishing goals?